httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Using GPL Libraries ( was Re: Looking for some help developing a MPM)
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:32:33 GMT
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Ian Holsman wrote:

> As I read the question is can we link-to/use a GPL library. I think that
> the answer to this should be the same regardless if we are using it in a
> small un-important spot, or in the main section of some
> mission-critical. (you either can or you can't)

You're right.  We should not provide support for GDBM, because it's GPL
and not LGPL as I would have assumed.  So apr_dbm_gdbm.c should also be
GPL, which means APR-util as a whole would have to be GPL, etc.

It's starting to look like we need a separate repository for "addons" that
are GPL-infected and thus must be distributed separately and downloaded
separately.

This $!@% sucks.

--Cliff