httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: 2.1 repository?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:37:28 GMT

> [...]
> > Look at all of the repositories we created that are still left
> > around:
> >
> > apache-1.2
> > apache-1.3
> > apache-apr
> > apache-nspr
> > httpd-2.0
> >
> > The apache-apr and apache-nspr repositories were fairly short-lived.
> > I wasn't around when they were created, so perhaps the intention
> > really was that they would be the 'next big thing.'
>
> Not sure about apache-apr, but IIRC apache-nspr was a combination of
> "next big thing" and "sandbox for trying out this fancy styff".

apache-nspr was Dean's attept at Apache 2.0, but it was corrupted by the
NSPR license.  Apache-apr was Manoj, Bill, and my first attempt at Apache
2.0 with APR.  Both repositories were meant to become Apache 2.0, and both
include MANY lessons learned while introducing threads into Apache.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610