httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: reading post data
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:23:45 GMT

Noah,

I already answered your question through Jim Harter at Covalent.   You
cannot pass information from an input filter to the access checker,
because the input filter runs during the handler phase, and the
access_checker function runs long before that.

You will need to do your access checking as a part of the input filter,
and deny access within the access checker.  As I told you, the HTTP_IN
filter has a couple of examples of how to do this.

While it is true that there isn't much information available for writing
input filters, the best source currently available is the filters used in
Apache itself.

Ryan

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Arliss, Noah wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been working on a port to Apache 2.0 for some time now and have run
> into a road block that I would like to get feedback on. I need to run my
> module in the access_checker hook with the ability to read in Post data in a
> non-destructive manor. In apache 1.3 this was possible by hacking the
> request structure and putting the post data back for ap_get_client_block to
> read again. In Apache 2.0 this does not appear possible and I've been told
> to look at input filters. So I was wondering if it would be possible to
> somehow read data in my input filter and then pass it along to the
> access_checker phase? When are input filters executed? I'm hoping this will
> spark a discussion on the new apache 2.0 architecture here, since there is
> not a lot of information out there about filters yet and I'm sure others
> will benifit from this discussion.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
>
> Noah Arliss

550 Jean St