httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject Re: perchild on FreeBSD 5?
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:10:21 GMT

Assuming that FreeBSD 5 solves the threading problems with FreeBSD, then
yes, Perchild will work on that platform.  The problem right now is that
PErchild doesn't work at all.  I am hoping to have time to work on
PErchild on Thursday or Friday to finish the work on that MPM.

Ryan

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

> Hello,
> I've more or less accepted that perchild on FreeBSD 4.X isn't going to
> happen (as sad as it is, I always considered it to be THE feature [1] in
> 2.0 that would warrant an upgrade for us) but what I'd like to know is
> if there is any chance to see perchild on FreeBSD 5 which gets wholly
> new threading and SMP libs?
>

> My company would happily pay someone a few thousand US$ to come up
> with a working perchild implementation on FreeBSD 5 and from what
> I've gathered on the FreeBSD mailing lists, there might be other
> parties that would contribute to the funding, too. We haven't got any
> reasonable in-house knowhow to contribute with code but we'd surely
> help beta testing.
>

> [1] Name based vhosts with PHP scripts running under the UID
> of the user. Great for all ISPs out there.
>

> Regards,
> Gabriel

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610