httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Karavayev <hel...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re[2]: Why can't ap_send_error_response() count on charset?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:28:21 GMT
Hello!

    Well, it's maybe not so close to the subject... But...
    I'm faced up with some problem with the type-map files (yes, for
example, with default error pages in Apache distribution). Who can
tell me, what is the next line (that can be inserted in type-map
files) exactly means:

    This is from index.html.var (htdocs dir).
    Ok, this is my problem: i just translated all error pages into my own
language (Russian), for example, next lines from HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var:

[... previous languages ...]

Body:----------ru--
<!--#set var="TITLE" value="Object not found!" -->
<!--#include virtual="include/top.html" -->

    The requested URL was not found on this server. (Assume it's in
Russian).
    Bla-bla-bla...

<!--#include virtual="include/bottom.html" -->
----------ru--

    Is it Ok ;)??? It is Ok! But when i try to see it ;), i've got a
non readable page (page tagged in header such as it in
AddDefaultCharset (ISO-8859-1) charset). It seems that

means NOTHING (at last in terms of charset). It is simply not work (or
maybe i simply don't understand meaning of this line ;)??? I can put
all error text in the file and rewrite all Body section to

URI: error.html

but this will not change anything. I MUST add .ru.cp-2151 extension to
this file so mod_mime can wake up...

    General question:
    Is it possible to define a charset in type-map files (for Body
sections)???

                                                   Best regards, Denis.