httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Adding apreq-2 to httpd-2.0
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:05:49 GMT
At 10:01 AM 8/21/2002, rbb@apache.org wrote:
>On 21 Aug 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:
> >
> > > The apreq developers would like to see apreq-2 [*]
> > > make its way into the apache 2 distribution.  Here's why:
> >
> > Did you consider adding it to apr-util? (probably a dumb idea, but I'm
> > interested in what other people think)
>
>I would think that this would be a better match for apr-serf.

For the generic functionality [e.g. breaking apart cookies, various RFC
style entities, etc.] it would make sense in either apr-serf or apr-util.

Only the server-specific processing [e.g. POST request dispatching]
needs to go in httpd-2.0/modules/http.  Client-like functionality from
both apreq and proxy should starting moving into apr-serf.

Bill