httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject ThreadsPerChild default in mpm_winnt
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:35:23 GMT
I was just trying to correct the docs for ThreadLimit and
ThreadsPerChild to have the correct defaults for mpm_winnt, and I ran
into a little confusion.  From a very quick reading, it appears that the
mpm_default.h for  mpm_winnt is stolen directly from an MPM that has
min/maxsparechild maintenance.  As far as I know, mpm_winnt has a fixed
number of threads, so most of the defines do absolutely nothing.

It also appears that the default for ThreadsPerChild is set at
DEFAULT_START_THREAD, which is in turn set at 5.  This may be a
reasonable number for worker, where more processes can be forked to deal
with load.  But it doesn't seem to make any sense for mpm_winnt.

Am I out to lunch here, or could mpm_winnt/mpm_default.h use an overhaul?

Joshua.