httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:36:27 GMT
Jon Travis wrote:
> Well, if people are agreeing to this, can we get someone involved
> in the HTTPD project (non-Covalent affiliated) to review and
> approve/decline?  Volunteers?

 > I can't publicly post the source under the ASF license until it has been
 > accepted (which is a chicken & egg issue).  I can, however, distribute
 > to individuals on a restricted basis for evaluation for acceptance.

I don't think that is really the "ASF Way".  It would be rather unusual
for Apache to accept code without a public review.  The only cases I can
think of are security-related.  Why don't you just post the code under a
"Copyright Covalent, all rights reserved", with a promise to relicense
if it is accepted.

View raw message