httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Building mod_auth_digest on Tru64 UNIX
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:52:16 GMT
Hi all.

Maybe, this is not meant for this list, but here it is.

I have a Tru64 UNIX 4.0F box, which doesn't have /dev/random. I do, however,
have PRNGD 0.9.25 installed and it gives me an EGD socket. OpenSSL and other
programs, like OpenSSH, BIND use it happily.

I have seen that APR can be configured to use either /dev/random or EGD.
However, mod_auth_digest insists on /dev/random or, better said, it insists on
APR_HAS_RANDOM being set.

QUESTION 1: Can mod_auth_digest use EGD instead of /dev/random?
QUESTION 2: If yes, how do I go about setting things up?

I imagine I'll have to do some hacking to the configure scripts. I've already
tried hacking main configure so that it calls APR configure with "--with-egd"
switch, but nothing gives.

Any advice?

This is not stictly development question, but it is not strictly a configuration
one either. Hope to hear some advice soon.

Nix.