httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject mod_log_config
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:26:56 GMT
I want to change mod_log_config so that the open/writing of the logfile
can be overwritten by another module via optional functions.

I think this would be handy for things log mod_log_spread and for people
who have to write audit trails into each log line.

This would also have a added benefit of making buffered-logs a runtime
configurable option instead of a compile time one.

the only reason I'm asking is to make sure that this wasn't discussed a
year ago and that there is a good reason not to go with a optional funciton.

--Ian