httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/mappers mod_rewrite.c mod_rewrite.h
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:08:18 GMT
trawick@apache.org wrote:
> trawick     2002/08/23 05:49:08
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                modules/mappers mod_rewrite.c mod_rewrite.h
>   Log:
>   add the ability to specify the dbm type (e.g., gdbm, ndbm) for
>   dbm rewrite maps
>
>   use dbm:filename for the default type
>
>   use dbm=TYPE:filename for a non-default type

Jeff: If I wanted to help you out by updating the documentation for
this, what would I say about the different dbm types that are available?

I suppose it is the same as for AuthDBMType (sdbm|gdbm|ndbm|db)?

What are the compile-time settings necessary to enable these various
types, and how would a user tell which types are available?

Joshua.