httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <>
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe libraries in httpd-2.0
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:27:58 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> What changed?  The Web server; it started supporting threads.

only if the user explicitly does ./configure --with-mpm=<something threaded> on

> So it
> behooves the Web server to document the potential for problems.  Why
> should the burden be put on PHP, or any other module for that matter?

documenting what we know about non-threadsafe libraries is a very positive step
for users who want to experiment with threaded Unix web servers.  But nobody is
forcing users to do such experiments.

> *They* weren't the ones that enabled threading.

see above.

View raw message