httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John K. Sterling" <>
Subject RE: Going to 2.1? was Re: authentication rewrite
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:56:13 GMT
If we do wait for 2.1, it would give us the opportunity to collaborate and
make this really could just create a repository for the new
auth modules (even on sourceforge or something) - assuming not too many
core changes are required.


>-- Original Message --
>Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:25:36 -0700
>From: Justin Erenkrantz <>
>To: Aaron Bannert <>,
>Subject: Going to 2.1? was Re: authentication rewrite
>On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:57:42AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>> This is a big enough of a change that I would be willing to allow
>> for a branch to 2.1 at this point (not a full new repository, just
>> a cvs branch) so that you and others who are interested can work on
>> the auth stuff, and so we don't break the configs in 2.0's auth.
>branches in CVS are awful (perhaps not so with SVN though).
>Not to mention our repository is "httpd-2.0" - I don't think it makes
>sense to have a 2.1 in there.  
>I'm not entirely sold on splitting off to a 2.1 yet, but I think we
>now have something where it is worth discussing it.  -- justin

View raw message