httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 19:54:05 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> As I recall, we didn't have a whole lot of interaction with
> Mike Abbott.  It was sort of a drive-by code dump.  My impression
> was that he was funded by SGI to work on Apache performance for
> a limited amount of time, and he chose not to spend much of that
> time on our mailing lists.  I can't knock Mike's technical skills,
> but wish he would have spent a little more effort responding to our
> concerns.

Mike's was the '10X performance improvement' patch set.  True enough,
ISTR, it was a fairly massive package, even though it came in five
or so pieces, and Mike was resistant to putting it into our code
style.  (FirstBill *did* implement some of it, though.)  And when
we didn't humbly take the gift, it got blasted all over the place
that we were snobs and someone started a message-writing campaign
trying to get us to accept it.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"