httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:53:20 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:
> This is actually WHY I brought up the question to begin with.  I hadn't
> planned to be involved with the discussion, but I did read the
> State-Threads MPM FAQ.  From the FAQ:
>

> 12. Will the ASF adopt the patches?
>
> We contributed the patches to the Apache Software Foundation but the ASF
> has refused to include the patches in future releases of Apache/1.3 or
> 2.0, citing "unnecessary" typecasts and complication associated with the
> warning-free 64-bit port, and incompatible license terms with the
> state-threaded MPM.
>
> This means that the original author knew about the licensing issues, and
> he has chosen NOT to re-license.

That's being a bit hard Ryan.

the library is based on NSPR, and would involve some work to remove it.

from the discussion so far we are not even sure if linking GPL libraries
is allowed, and in fact may be currently in violation, we should really
have a clear statement on this, and remove the GPL-infected code if we
need to, as well as put something on the list saying that we can't
include anything with GPL licence (to stop all the patches we get asking
us to modify rewrite to accept mysql for instance)