httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 05:27:01 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Before you commit, 2 quick questions.  Did you take the MPM directly
> from the Accelerating Apache Project and port it to the most recent
> code?  Does it still rely on the same State Threads library?
>
> If the answer to either of these is yes, then we need to seriously
> consider the license implications.  The State Threads library is dual
> licensed MPL and GPL.

It makes use of the State Threads library, which you have to have
installed on your system. I read this to be exactly the same as how we
make use of the GDBM library (also GPL).

I don't think this is a problem, but I am not a lawyer.

> I have been unable to find the MPM on-line or the license that it is
> under.

The MPM itself is under the ASF Licence. (it has our standard ASF
licence on the top of each file, as well as a copyright of SGI's)

you can find the patch which this is based on @ aap.sf.net