httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:48:47 GMT

> I can't publicly post the source under the ASF license until it has been
> accepted (which is a chicken & egg issue).  I can, however, distribute
> to individuals on a restricted basis for evaluation for acceptance.

There is little (except for a few upset board members) stopping Covalent
of posting the code somewhere publicly under an ASF (style) license. This
has been done often in the past by the likes of IBM, Covalent and SUN at
various moments. Either using an ASF license, an ASF style licecense or a
BSD-ish license.

Alternatively putting no or a simple (c) on it; and no further
distribution clauses will make it simple 'look' but done re-distribute
code. Which allows anyone to look at it - but would not allow anyone to
re-distribute it.

Getting that code accepted into the ASF repositories is another story.

Dw