httpd-dev mailing list archives

From daniel <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:47:58 GMT

A couple of notes on the parser:
- It is pretty lightweight and self contained
- This HTML parser can be used for a multitude of applications, in Apache
2.0 filter modules. The filter processes content generated by Apache or proxied
content and can rewrite URLs embedded in HTML pages:
 a) URL rewriting on the fly for cookieless tracking and single sign-on
 b) Allow ProxyPassReverse to modify not only HTTP headers but look inside
    proxied content and rewrite hardcoded URLs
 c) Strip banners or malicious javascript before it reaches the client

Those are some possibilities that having a fast, lightweight parser allows.
Jon, maybe you can post the source somewhere so people can have a look and
play with it

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/