httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Bytes received v. mod_log_config
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 06:40:38 GMT
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 02:27:40PM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Thanks for the hint! I never thought of that... Since a filter like that is
> connection based, I'm not sure (mainly because I don't know much about Apache)
> how would that work with persistent connections, chunked encoding and other
> cross connection complications in regards to reporting the info per request. Or
> would that just 'automagic' from the filter's point of view? If I take that
> route, I'll have to do a bit of digging ;-)

The trick is that recently someone (forget who) fixed up the filters
so that a connection-level filter always has a reference to the
'current' request.

So, even in a connection-level filter, filter_rec->r should be valid.
You'd have to determine some place to store how much we read, but
that could be done in a mod_log_config private structure.

Hope this makes some sense.  -- justin