httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe libraries in httpd-2.0
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:20:01 GMT
EXACTLY.

Thanks, Justin.

We are not trying to shirk our responsibilities or be lazy about this. But
you can't say "my module is so popular that you must account for problems
that I introduce into your environment."

I'm fine with adding something to our document that says something along the
lines of, "if you choose a threaded MPM such as FOO, BAR, or BAZ, then you
need to ensure that the third-party modules you choose to use with the web
server are thread-safe. Please contact your third-party modules' vendors for
more information on their thread-safety."

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/