httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Carlo Perassi <ca...@linux.it>
Subject Why can't ap_send_error_response() count on charset?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:59:16 GMT
Hi all.
In modules/http/http_protocol.c
the comment say
ap_send_error_response is used for any response that can be generated by the
server from the request record. This includes all [snip] messages that have
not been redirected to another handler via the ErrorDocument feature.
On line 2331 I read:
/* can't count on a charset filter being in place here,
 * so do ebcdic->ascii translation explicitly (if needed)
 */

It's trivial to add on line 2336 to ap_rvputs_proto_in_ascii() a string like
or so... but the comment about say "can't count on a charset".

Anyway... with the actual code, the html generated by ap_send_error_response
can't pass the W3C Validator test (with the missing meta line it would be ok).

I'd like to see the html generated by ap_send_error_response to pass the W3C
Validator test in the default configuration (say without using external html
files for 404 and so on).

The patch is trivial but I don't understand why (we) "can't count on a charset
filter being in place here".

Thank you.

--
Carlo Perassi - http://www.linux.it/~carlo/
Do only what only you can do (Edsger Wybe Dijkstra: 1930-2002)