httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:34:55 GMT
* Ian Holsman (ianh@apache.org) wrote :
> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >>From: Ian Holsman [mailto:ianh@apache.org]

> >dual

> >>It makes use of the State Threads library, which you have to have
> >>installed on your system. I read this to be exactly the same as how we
> >>make use of the GDBM library (also GPL).
> >>
> >>I don't think this is a problem, but I am not a lawyer.
> >

> >Personally, I would prefer to not have this in our tree if it requires a
> >GPL'ed library.  I consider this different from GDBM, because there are
> >options for using apr-util's DB library without GDBM.  I believe this is
> >also why this MPM wasn't committed when it was originally posted.
> >However, if the group wants it, I won't veto.
> >

> ok.. so it isn't a licencing issue then, it just a matter of personal
> taste.
> For my 2c's this is exactly like gdbm. you don't need to build with it,
> there are several viable MPM options, so no-one is forcing you to enable
> this.
>

> Does anyone else have their 2c's to throw into this?

FWIW, I agree entirely that this should be in tree - we're not forcing
people to use it, thus the library's license isn't particularily problematic.
Cheers,
-Thom
--
Thom May -> thom@planetarytramp.net

* mentor kisses willy
< willy> you may also wish to investigate .EXPORT_ALL_VARIABLES
* mentor performs fellatio on willy
* willy pushes mentor off