httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kutschker <Martin.T.Kutsch...@blackbox.net>
Subject Re: SSLMutex directive, PR 8122
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:12:41 GMT
Date: 31 Jul 2002 12:12:47 -0400
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
From: Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net>
Subject: SSLMutex directive, PR 8122

> This PR points out a problem with the current SSLMutex handling in
> mod_ssl and provides a patch to resolve it.

Nice to see someone noticing it.

> I'd rather see a different solution:
>
> 1) give SSLMutex the same syntax as AcceptMutex, except that SSLMutex
> has an additional choice: none.

This is not so different. I proposed as well the same syntax as AcceptMutex. But I retained
more backwards compatibility having the choices none/no, default/yes, sem and file.

Anyway you are right the file: choice is awkward and inconsistent with other options. How
about using my path, BTW I have a new one for 2.0.39 if anyone is interested, but issuing
a deprectation warning for the file: choice?

> 2) add SSLMutexFile which is processed like the LockFile directive

Good idea.

Masi