httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Taylor" <ch...@x-bb.org>
Subject mod_proxy errors?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:50:08 GMT
Hi,

I have setup a proxy server on Apache, but if the upstream webserver is off at the time, it's
pages return 502/Bad Gateway, presumably via mod_proxy.

However, under Apache 2 (2.0.39 on win32 at least), the errors look like this (taken straight
from the browser):

Bad Gateway!
  The proxy server could not handle the request <EM><A HREF="/ps2/">GET&nbsp;/ps2/</A></EM>.<P>
Reason: <STRONG>DNS lookup failure for: l33t-box</STRONG>
  If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 502

  MY_URL
  08/14/02 20:45:57

I can only assume that the HTML code there should be evaluated and shown, but in the source
it's clearly generated as: "&lt;EM&gt;&lt;A HREF="/ps2/"&gt;GET&amp;nbsp;/ps2/&lt;/A&gt;"
etc etc.

Is this a bug in mod_proxy?

Thanks.

Chris Taylor - chris@x-bb.org - The guy with the PS2 WebServer - http://www.x-bb.org/chris.asc