httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:17:52 GMT

> >ASF

> >or

> >the

> >and

> >>That's being a bit hard Ryan.
> >>
> >>the library is based on NSPR, and would involve some work to remove
> >>

> >it.
> >
> >How is that being hard at all?  The author has chosen not to
re-license.
> >He has perfectly valid technical reasons for not re-licensing, but it
is
> >still a decision that has been made.
> >

> Was that a conscious decision on the part of the author?  I.e.,
> did we ask him to consider re-licensing, which he rejected?  Or
> was the possibility never explicitly discussed?

IIRC, we explained why the MPM couldn't go into the tree, namely the
license, and he walked away.  There was a lot of other history behind
his walking away, but I do believe that the topic of re-licensing was
brought up.  Remember that this project was sponsored by a company,
namely SGI, so they _may_ (I don't know for sure) have wanted to keep
the code GPL/MPL.

Ryan