httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:42:05 GMT
This is actually WHY I brought up the question to begin with.  I hadn't
planned to be involved with the discussion, but I did read the
State-Threads MPM FAQ.  From the FAQ:

12. Will the ASF adopt the patches?

We contributed the patches to the Apache Software Foundation but the ASF
has refused to include the patches in future releases of Apache/1.3 or
2.0, citing "unnecessary" typecasts and complication associated with the
warning-free 64-bit port, and incompatible license terms with the
state-threaded MPM.

This means that the original author knew about the licensing issues, and
he has chosen NOT to re-license.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom
rbb@covalent.net           rbb@apache.org