httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:52:06 GMT
BTW, I realize that there is a lot of questions over whether the ASF
license and the GPL are compatible, but the State-Threads library is
GPL'ed, not LGPL'ed.  There are some members of the ASF board who say
that they are compatible, there are some members who say they aren't.
The FSF says the aren't.  I believe that we are in murky waters with an
MPM that MUST link to a GPL'ed library.  Doesn't that mean that the MPM
must also be GPL'ed.  Isn't that why the GPL is a viral license????

Ryan

Ryan Bloom
rbb@covalent.net           rbb@apache.org