httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Looking for some help developing a MPM
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 14:30:34 GMT
> From: Ian Holsman [mailto:ianh@apache.org]
>
> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Before you commit, 2 quick questions.  Did you take the MPM directly
> > from the Accelerating Apache Project and port it to the most recent
> > code?  Does it still rely on the same State Threads library?
> >
> > If the answer to either of these is yes, then we need to seriously
> > consider the license implications.  The State Threads library is
dual
> > licensed MPL and GPL.
> >
> It makes use of the State Threads library, which you have to have
> installed on your system. I read this to be exactly the same as how we
> make use of the GDBM library (also GPL).
>
> I don't think this is a problem, but I am not a lawyer.

Personally, I would prefer to not have this in our tree if it requires a
GPL'ed library.  I consider this different from GDBM, because there are
options for using apr-util's DB library without GDBM.  I believe this is
also why this MPM wasn't committed when it was originally posted.
However, if the group wants it, I won't veto.

Ryan