httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: 2.0.40 -- again
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 15:36:59 GMT
Ugh, hate replying to my own emails, but hey sometimes you have to :(

OK, so a couple of people have replied off list that it's due to a security
exploit. If that's the case then why haven't we done a .40 release before
now? Either it's a security problem that warrants a release or it isn't.
Which one do we think it is?

If it warrants a release then we need to get one done ASAP. If that involves
going back to a known poll implementation in APR then so be it, but please
let's actually decide what we're trying to achieve here folks and have a go
at achieving it.

david