httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <>
Subject Re: ldap
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:48:07 GMT
  So it seems like we burned all of our bridges.  We had somebody
working on it until we added it in.  Then the author stopped so we took
it out.  Now we not only don't have anybody working on it, we also don't
have it.  IMO, if we put it back at least in experimental, maybe we can
get developers working on it again (including the author).  Like I
mentioned before, Novell is very interested in LDAP and I have already
started talking to our (Novell) LDAP developers to see if they would be
willing to lend a hand.  Directory authentication especially in the web
world seems like an important thing to have.  Why wouldn't we want LDAP
authentication from Apache?  Since the code already exists and seems to
work, putting it into /experimental until it stabilizes seems like a
simple thing to do.

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer

>>> Ken.Coar@Golux.Com Monday, July 29, 2002 12:31:55 PM >>>
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> And I, for one, wouldn't want to see ldap in the tree anywhere
> but experimental

I'd just as soon not see it in the tree at all, if it's that

The word I have from the author of the 1.3 mod_auth_ldap module
is that he stopped working on it when he found out there was
a version going to be bundled in 2.0.  So there's already some
negative fallout from the on again/off again bit. :-(
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

View raw message