httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: ldap
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:20:41 GMT
   I see the same thing happening to LDAP.  For the most part it has
been ignored.  If it is considered to be unstable at this point, why not
put it in /experimental with the other modules that are considered to be
"not yet ready for prime-time" but still very useful?  In this way, it
will get the exposure that it needs, documentation can continue (BTW
where did the docs go??) and when it is stable, it can be moved into the
mainstream.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> minfrin@sharp.fm Monday, July 29, 2002 6:03:26 AM >>>
john@sterls.com wrote:

> People didn't want it to be a part of the core more because of module
bloat.
>  As Aaron says, there is no reason to add all these modules to the
core
> only to have to release them on the same schedule - I like it as a
sub project.

When proxy was a subproject, it received no exposure, which was
detrimental to the project as a whole. Bugs were only fixed when proxy

went mainstream again. Subprojects mean more work for end-users, and
avoiding end-user work is better than avoiding developer work.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon