httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: bug in reading folded requests?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:26:20 GMT
Brian Pane <bpane@pacbell.net> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 07:52, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > This request used to work fine, and mod_gzip worked its magic as long
> > as the configuration was okay:
> >
> > "GET /manual/mod/mod_rewrite.html.en HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: 127.0.0.1\r\nAccept-Encoding:
   \r\n     gzip\r\n\r\n"

> There's new parsing logic for this case, as of a couple of days ago,
> but this example works on my system (I don't have mod_deflate loaded,
> but I just did an equivalent test for other request header fields using
> tabbed continuations).
>
> Can you dump the contents of tmp_headers in ap_get_mime_headers_core()
> (server/protocol.c at line 880)?

This is from line 837, as we bail out with 400 error:

(gdb) dump_table tmp_headers
[0] 'Host'='127.0.0.1'
[1] 'Accept-Encoding'=''

I think the problem is that the code now expects that a continuation
line starts with a tab.  That is not the case in this testcase.
Neither 1.3 nor older levels of 2.0 expect a tab at the start of the
continuation line.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...