httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Query: bugs 8712 and 10156/NOW 10235 as well.
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:34:24 GMT
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:

> > > 10156

I will plan to commit your patch in the next 24 hours.  e-mail me
directly if this doesn't happen.

> > > 10235

> > What is the exact failure with --enable-mods-shared=all?  Are the
> > modules built?  Do they load?

> I thought I included full scripts.... I can make a shell account
> available.....

I see the failure to load mod_access now.  I got frustrated by all the
terminal control sequences at the end of your attachment.

Is ap_get_remove_host exported from httpd?  nm on httpd should be able
to tell.  You may need to axe the libtool --silent option (LTFLAGS=' '
./configure ...), see how httpd and your DSOs are linked, and compare
it with what a DSO build of Apache 1.3.  Maybe your level of libtool
is broken for your platform, maybe there is something that Apache
needs to do special.

> > What exactly is the IPv6 failure?  Did everything build?  Was there a
> > run-time failure?

> Basically, on this platform for now you need to ignore the IPv6 stuff,
> and not use it. (there is an API, but no protocol stack).

It is the same with many Linux boxes on which Apache works fine
without disabling the IPv6 support.  We don't choose to disable IPv6
in the build if the API is there.

Does Apache fail without --disable-ipv6?  Is there a symptom we can
check for at configure time?  We do check for certain broken APIs and
disable it in that situation.  Maybe there is another symptom we
should check for.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...