httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: daedalus is running httpd-2.0.pre40
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:23:31 GMT

> I guess I wasn't clear.  I have automation that creates a new conf/, then copies
> in httpd.conf* from the production conf/ with appropriate edits.  So my conf/
> directory exists, but doesn't contain mime.types (or several other files which
> aren't relevant on daedalus).
>
> make install runs after that.  It used to copy in everything except the
> httpd.conf file, which worked perfectly for me.  Now it doesn't copy *any* of
> the conf/* files because the directory exists.  It would be better if we did
> this on a more granular level, i.e. check to see if the individual file exists
> in the target dir, then copy/don't copy as appropriate.
>
> If we had a customized mime.types, I wouldn't want it to get clobbered.  I think
> the old code would have done that.

The old code was blowing away everything in the directory on my
machine.  BTW, the current logic is precisely what 1.3 does, which is why
I added it.  If you have an existing conf/ directory, the assumption is
that you have been using it to run Apache.

The situation that you are trying to protect against is most likely not
standard.  My question, is why isn't your automation just copying the
whole conf/ directory?

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610