httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject RE: PATH_INFO in A2?
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 19:11:20 GMT
On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > > What is a dynamic page if not a PHP page?
> >
> > Like I said, Apache doesn't know if a file on disk is meant for PHP or
> > not.  The best way to fix this would be for mod_php to set the value if
> > the filter is added for the request.
> >
> > I agree, it would be cool if Apache could set this correctly based on
> > the filters that have been added for the request.
>
> Seems like there should be an API call where a filter can specify whether
> it is a dynamic one or not as opposed to specifically flipping the
> acceptpathinfo bit.

We just added a new function for all input filters to allow this to be
done (Justin referenced it in his reply).  However, that function doesn't
solve the problem, because there should be an ap_filter_is_dynamic(r) that
hides the implementation details for all filters.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610