httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: PATH_INFO in A2?
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 15:31:55 GMT
On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

| On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Dale Ghent wrote:
|
| > On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
| >
| > | 2.0.40-dev built on June 23rd
| >
| > Make sure you have AcceptPathInfo On
|
| Argh!  Why the heck is that off by default?

Dunno. I ran into this same problem a while back when I made the switch
from AP1.3 to AP2. It has always seemed like a regression to me
(especially when there's no mention on the change in any of the AP2
upgrade docs.

There was no AcceptPathInfo directive in 1.3. It got added in AP2 with a
default of Off (obviously). I don't know the original meaning of this. I
guess having a switch for this is cool... but it's default shouldnt stray
from what has been expected all the long.

/dale