httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cox" <ima...@php.net>
Subject RE: Envariables for logging phase only
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:24:23 GMT

> (I think the envname should be last to align with SetEnvIf.)
>
> I'm still in "blue sky" mode, so feel free to ignore me (as usual ;-), but
> if you're going to do that, why not go all the way:
>
> LogVariable %s "40[0-9]" exclude
> LogVariable %a "127\.0\.0\.1" exclude
> LogVariable %U "\.jpg" exclude
> LogVariable %{Referer}i "yahoo.com" exclude
> Customlog ... env=!exclude

i was thinking more along the lines of simply being able to send data to
different files based upon status code.. but then, being able to do that
with logvariables.. hmm, that's interesting too...

Still, postprocessing is probably better. i mean, how can x lines of code
replace:

grep 404 access_log > foo

i'm not sure this needs to be in core.. hmm.. (hmm, hmm, ..)

 -- james