httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James Cox" <ima...@php.net>
Subject RE: are downlevel manuals goodness?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:11:48 GMT

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:58:55PM -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> > If I'm reading the Makefile correctly, current HEAD no longer
> updates the
> > manual/ directory if it exists, unlike 1.3.  What good is a
> downlevel manual?
>
> Yeah, that looks bogus.  I'd move the copying of the manual to
> install-man and copy it unconditionally.  -- justin

kick me if i got this wrong, but manual was always copied into
@@INSTDIR@@/html/manual right?

that particularly sucked (i nuked html as one of the first things i did on
install, so as not to confuse anything).

what about sticking it into /usr/local/share or similar? and then having a
built in link, such as server-status .... ?

reason being, again, it'd be nice to make the INSTDIR cleaner. :)

 -- james