httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt child.c mpm_winnt.c mpm_winnt.h
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:15:35 GMT
Seperating out the routines that run only in the child (and putting them in
child.c) is not a bad thing but this patch is difficult to review for
several reasons:

1. The commit log did not mention the biggest change. Easy to intuit looking
at the code, but it should have at least been mentioned in the commit log.

2. You broke the rule to not make more than one conceptual change to the
code within a single commit. You moved code (to child.c) and made a function
change (which pools were being used for what) in one commit. These changes
should have been made as two seperate commits (or perhaps 3 or 4) to make
review a bit less onorous.

Bill