httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2 instruction count profile (head as of ~15:00 EDT July 10)
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:00:30 GMT

> >Shlib Subroutine         Source File                  Visit
> Enter  %   Ticks
> >================         ===========                  =====
> ===== ==== =====
> >.apr_palloc              apr_pools.c                  78    78
>   2.9 1404
> >.__is_wctype_std         libc/__is_wctype_std.c       66    66
>   2.8 1320
> >

> What's __is_wctype_std?
>
> --Brian

I am trying to figure that one out too.  Call stack looks like this:

read_request_line()
	ap_getword_white()
		isspace()
			__is_wctype_std()

Assuming wctype means something like 'wide character type' I'd guess this is
some sort of locale specific thing.  The strings being passed into isspace
are headers thus are iso8859-1 (or they should be). I am hoping there is a
trick to make isspace() behave more sanely from a performance perspective.

Bill