httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Auth checker - long term goal..
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:31:09 GMT
At 11:22 AM 7/10/2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > From: dirkx@covalent.net [mailto:dirkx@covalent.net]

> > > Didn't we decide to take this approach like a year ago?
> >
> > Hmm - been asleep as usual - if so - I'd love to make that split right
> > away ! I feel a patch coming...
>
>I am pretty sure that splitting auth from authz is even listed in the
>STATUS file.

It is in fact in the ROADMAP file.  See there.

Then feel free to decorate with more details.  I agree with Dirk, it's
too much to ask all porters/module authors to rework their entire
stratagem in the production branch.

It's time for 2.1.  We don't need to make .1 a total overhaul, simply
address the things we've wanted for some time, that are likely to
inflict new bugs on 3rd party modules.

Bill