httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "johannes m. richter" <johannes_rich...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] httpd-std.conf WAS: RE: daedalus is running httpd-2.0.pre40
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:10:17 GMT

>Secondly consider that you have installed 2.0.35 and are upgrading to 2.0.40.
>If ${sysconfdir}/[examples/]httpd-std.conf would be overwritten, you would
>have
>no chance to compare the old httpd-std.conf with the new httpd-std.conf
>anymore.
>I consider that diff more usefull than the diff between httpd.conf and the new
>httpd-std.conf.

True. But this problem could be solved by appending the version number to
the filename. httpd-std-2.0.36.conf and so on. So you'd get a nice
collection of various standard conf files in your
examples/templates/whatever directory.

(then we'd only need +VersionSort for our favorite file manager;-)

j.

--
Why did Nature create man? Was it to show that she is big enough to
make mistakes, or was it pure ignorance?  -- Holbrook Jackson