httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy drops the content-length header
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:59:53 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Agreed, as long as you really mean "zap the content-length header"
> when you say "update the value of the content-length header".
>
> A filter can't ever be *required* to put in the proper content-length
> value.  All it can usually do is zap the content-length header and
> rely on the core to do the right thing (using the content-length
> filter or chunked encoding).

What I mean is that when filter-x is run, a content-length header might
exist, ie it cannot be assumed at any point that a content-length header
does not exist.

If as you say the content-length is zapped and readded by another
filter, that's fine then. A filter should not make assumptions about
what headers may or may not exist before it is run.

(am I making sense?)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm