httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: PATH_INFO in A2?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:01:14 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> And don't go spilling entire web trees from every static file resource,
> resulting in infinite recursion of a resource identifier ;-)

Um, we're not talking about static files, so the above is a red herring.

> Sorry if I feel somewhat strongly here.  Just got blasted with a dozen
> hits last night for robots.txt by a.v., and I have only one dns entry
> registered to that box.

robots.txt has the SSI handler declared for it?  If it's a static file,
sure -- make the default for path-info be off.  But if the handler for
a resource is anything *except* the last-chance filesystem handler,
leave it enabled by default.  DON'T assume we know better than whomever
wrote the handler, and DON'T add confusion about when the option is
on by default, off by default, and when it needs to be set explicitly.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"