httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Baker <>
Subject Re: Adding RemoveOutputFilterByType?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:12:42 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz says:

>The tact that we have taken is that mod_deflate shouldn't know
>anything.  It should just compress whatever it gets.  That places
>the burden on the filter configuration system/syntax to allow the
>administrator to place in the overrides.  As you've pointed out,
>it isn't very flexible now.  -- justin
Maybe allowing BrowserMatch containers? There seems to be a lot of
things that could be browser dependent, so maybe including it all in a
container would be easier.

<BrowserMatch "Gecko">
   SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

<BrowserMatch "MSIE (5|6)">
  AddOutputFilter DEFLATE htm html js css
  AddOutputFilter INCLUDES;DEFLATE shtm shtml

and so on....

View raw message