httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: httpd-ldap maintained?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:27:41 GMT
Scott Lamb wrote:

> Is httpd-ldap being maintained? Is this the appropriate list to ask
> about it?

It is being watched, if not actively maintained :) I have had tonnes of
work to do of late, so it's fallen behind...

> With the worker MPM, it seems to work - ldap_status doesn't ever show
> anything being cached, but mod_auth_ldap authenticates correctly.

Ok... worker is threaded? (I don't know my MPM's, been focusing on the
other modules).

> With the prefork MPM (I had unrelated problems with worker), it's going
> horribly wrong. Still ldap_status doesn't show anything being cached.

I think in the ldap_status case ldap_status might be broken, because on
the debug log there were lines there saying caching was taking place,
but we can look at that.

> Connections accumulate until OpenLDAP runs out of filehandles and bad
> things happen.

Hmmm... I haven't encountered this behaviour before, I would have
thought that threaded environments would have caused more problems as
the codebase came from the fork v1.3 server.

Overhauling the code is on my lists of things to do once my other
projects have settled down, so no, httpd-ldap has not been forgotten.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon