httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Patch mod_deflate to gzip text/*?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:18:51 GMT
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 01:04:12PM -0600, Jerry Baker wrote:
> Currently mod_deflate has the option of only operating on HTML files,
> but I think it might be useful to be able to tell it to only operate on
> any text/* content-types. Would a patch for this behavior be welcomed?

Perhaps you are looking at an older version, but the current version
in CVS will deflate anything you tell it to.

A BrowserMatch that sets "gzip-only-text/html" would enforce that for
broken browsers that can not accept compressed output for anything
other than text/html.  -- justin

View raw message