httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject "blank" Content-Length with Apache 2.0?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:40:19 GMT
Should we also allow "blank" Content-Length headers in 2.0?

Even if not, it seems to me that in the normal case, we're subjecting
each "char" in the C-L: value field to at least one check before we
go ahead and determine the real value. It appears more efficient to me
to go ahead and simply use strtol and handle the error condition of a
negative number when we check for errno (as we do with 1.3). This makes
the normal condition more streamlined and slightly faster.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]