httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Auth checker - long term goal..
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:07:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:39:29AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> I'm sorry, but that is completely bogus.  If the API needs to change to
> make things better, then change the API.  Stop trying to open a new dev
> branch when the current one is still moving forward quickly.  We have
> this discussion every few weeks now, and every few weeks the 2.1 repo
> gets shot down, because these changes belong in 2.0.

I don't recall any strong opinions on this other than from you and
OtherBill.

My feeling is somewhere between. We shouldn't rush off and branch 2.1 if
we don't have any specific goals to solve, nor should we be forcing major
changes upon our 2.0 users. The point of inflection comes when someone
produces a patch for 2.0 that we aren't quite ready to swallow. As soon
as that happens we have a perfect excuse for a branch.

Soooo.... -1 for 2.1 until we have such a patch.

-aaron