httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:33:29 GMT
David Burry wrote:

> While we are debating the best way to accomplish this Content-Length fix for the next
release, I kind of need to have it working for me right now in the current released version.
 Therefore I've implemented this partial fix against 1.3.26 on my system:

The current CVS code is correct. Well, should be. I think Roy's comments
were based on (1) the fact that we didn't check for negative results in
the big patch (which is true, and was fixed very soon afterwards) and
(2) didn't realize that the ap_strtol() does an inherent check of
digits and we utilize that.

Sure the code does a superfluous setting of r->remaining, but that gets
optimized away anyway and it's clear :) *duck*